About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Thirteen days to midnight


Thirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman

Alright many of you already know what a fan of Patrick Carman I am - so I really shouldn't have to go tooo overboard on the excitement I feel when a new title of his shows up at the library. Here it is --

You are indestructable. Three whispered words transfer an astonishing power to Jacob Fielding that changes everything. At first, Jacob is hesitant to use the power, unsure of its implications. but there is something addictive about testing the limits of fear.
Then Ophelia James, the beautiful and daring new girl in town, suggests that they use the power to do good, to save others. But with every heroic act, the power grows into a spectre of a curse . How to decide who lives and who dies?

Here's Patrick Carman giving an introduction to the book.

No comments: