About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Al Capone Shines My Shoes


Al Capone Shines My Shoes by Gennifer Choldenko

This is the follow up book.
The summary from the back cover:
When twelve-year-old Moose Flanagan finds a note in one of his freshly laundered pillowcases, he knows exactly who it's from: Al Capone. Capone may be one of the most notorious criminals in residence at Alcatraz, but he and Mosse have a special connection. And now, it seems, Al Capone wants Moose to do something for him.
As Moose and his friends work together to figure out how they're going to get away with helping one of America's most notorious gangsters, some of Alcatraz's other inhabitants are trying to get away with something of their own...

No comments: