About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Soul surfer


Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton
When Bethany Hamilton lost her arm to a shark attack in 2003, it looked as if the career of one of the top amateur surfers was over. But ten weeks later, she returned to competition in her native Hawaii, vowing to never give up the sport she loves.
Bethany's story became a book, a book series and now is about to be released as a movie.
Inspiring readers of all ages to perservere through all kinds of challenges.
With the movie coming out soon, I thought this might spark a renewed interest in Bethany's story.

No comments: