About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Notes from a liar and her dog


Notes From a Liar and Her Dog by Gennifer Choldenko

Synopsis:
Ant MacPherson's basic rules of life.
1. Dogs are better than people.
2. The more you say, the longer they ground you for.
3. Lying only works if you keep it short.
4. Never be nice to people who make fun of you.
5. It's okay to keep a chicken in your house, as long as it's housebroken.
6. Make sure that school doesn't get in the way of important things like your friends.
7. Don't waste the truth on people who won't understand.

Ant MacPherson is totally misunderstood. At least, that's how she feels. Sandwiched between two perfect sisters and stuck with parents who just don't get her, antonia (but please, call her Ant!) finds it easier to lie. After all, only her dog Pistachio, appreciates her anyway. But when her teacher starts to see the turth behind Ant's stories, Ant is in for some big changes....

I want to say - "I loved it (cause I really like this author) , but, unfortunately I was really only so-so on it. I think it does have some redeeming qualities - how good friends behave, how to work through tough situations-without lying, and how to figure out parents who think your invisible most of time until they think your bad.
I hope some of you will try it, and give me reason to maybe give it a second chance.
REad On.

No comments: