About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2010 Academy Awards

This last Sunday the Academy Awards show was on, I hope that as you sit watching the fashion parade and watch the snippets of the films, that you also make the connection that many of these movies started out as a book, or a short story, or a picture book, or a screenplay, that it is someone creatively expressing themselves in words, and then a director instructs the actors how to communicate and display those words with action and emotion. I hope you heard in the acceptance speeches the stories of actors and directors who were so moved and inspired by a book that they believed it was worthy of a larger audience.

So here are a few that inspired me. One made by one of my favourite author/illustrators and the other made by one of my favourtie artists.

The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan

No comments: