About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Heir Apparent


Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
This has to be my favourite of the weekend. I got totally caught up in the virtual reality concept of the book. it reminded me a lot of books Epic and The Princess Bride.
Here's the write up from the back cover:
Lose the game, lose your life.
In the virtual reality game Heir Apparent, they are way too many ways to get killed - and Giannine seems to be finding them all. Unless she can - get the magic ring, find the stolen treasure, answer the dwarf's dumb riddles, impress the head-chopping statue, charm the army of ghosts, fend off barbarians, and defeat the man-eating dragon, she'll never win. And if she doesn't win, she will die - for real this time.
This book wasn't just an action-adventure story (like Epic), but also hugely funny (like The Princess Bride). I had a great time reading it, and I'm not that into fantasy.
READ On.

No comments: