About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Heroes


Hero by Mike Lupica

I took this book with me for over the break, liked it but didn't love it. Worth reading and maybe some of you will love it and prove me wrong.

Here's the summary:
Fourteen-year-old Zach Harriman can feel the changes. The sharpening of his senses. The incredible strength. The speed, as though he can text-message himself across the miles. The confidence and the strange need to patrol Central Park at night. His Dad had been a hero, a saviour to America, a confidant to the President. Then he died and the changes began in Zach. What Zach never knew was that his Father was no ordinary man, he was a superhero, battling the world's evil. This is a battle that has been waged for generations and knows no boundaries. And now it's Zach's turn to take on the fight. It's Zach's turn to become a hero.

And there's a book trailer.
Read On.

No comments: