About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Trash

Trash by Andy Mulligan

I was resisting this book, I though this book is gonna break my heart, this book is gonna depress me. Instead I got quite a surprize, I got a book so packed with mystery and suspense I could barely put it down. I got a book that is still with me a week after. I got a book that shows the hopeful side of the human condition in the dirtiest, smelliest, aweful settings I've ever read about. Resiliency, a powerful attribute, an excellent theme for a book if it can be done thoughtfully - Andy Mulligan succeeded in designing an amazing book about it.
Summary from the back cover:
Raphael is a dumpsite boy. He spends his days wading through mountains of steaming trash, sifting it, sorting it, breathing it, sleeping next to it. Then one lucky-unlucky day, Raphael's world turns upside down. A small leather bag falls into his hands. It's a bag of clues. It's a bag of hope. It's a bag that will change everything. Soon Raphael and his friends Gardo and Rat are running for their lives. Wanted by the police. It takes all their quick thinking, fast talking to stay ahead. As the net tightens, they uncover a dead mans mission to right a terrible wrong. And now it's three street boys against the world.

Here's the book trailer.

No comments: