About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pie

Pie by Sarah Weeks

This book will have your mouth watering with all the talk of pie, but I think you'll also enjoy the tasty mystery and colorful characters Sarah Weeks has created in her latest novel.
"Polly Portman was a natural born pie maker. When she was little, even her mud pies were a cut above what anyone else in the sandbox was doing."

I enjoyed how each new chapter starts out with a recipe card for a pie, and how each of these pies is meant for a particular person of the story. Wonderful, charming read - and now I think I'm off to try my hand at one of the recipes.

No comments: