About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Losing Joe's Place


Losing Joe's Place by Gordon Korman

I love so many of Gordon Korman's books that they're getting hard to list, and here's another one to add. Quirky characters, unbelievable events and laughs - what more could you ask for?

Summary:
"Whatever you do, DON'T lose me this lease. It's the best deal in town. Sell your friends, but hang onto the apartment."

Jason and his two best friends are about to have the ultimate summer experience in the big city. And they get to use Jason's brother's apartment for the summer. All they have to do is be sure to pay Joe's rent each month. No problem, right?
Wrong.
They didn't count on dealy with the sleazy landlord, or Joe's strange friend, Rootbeer. And they certainly weren't expecting Joe's Camaro to go missing. Keeping Joe's place turns out to be way harder than they'd expected.

No comments: