About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, October 31, 2011

In search of Sasquatch

In Search of Sasquatch by Kelly Milner Halls

I'm not sure whether it was all the creepy stories my brothers told me about mysterious creatures lurking in the dark and the shadows or if it's because it's Halloween night. But as I sat curled up reading this book, I couldn't help but wonder if there really is or could be such a thing as Sasquatch.

This book takes a look at the native american myths and legends of Bigfoot, current scientists that are actively researching and investigating any evidence that comes up, as well as debunking some stories that have circulated. It was fascinating to hear of real science being applied to these investigations. The question is do you believe? and if not maybe this book will convince you for the next time your out in the woods.
Oh Yeah, this book even references an article from the Lethbridge Herald of 1959. And I especially love the end papers featuring a deep dark forest and quotes Hall has collected during her research of the book.


1 comment:

Kelly Milner Halls said...

Hey, thank you so much for writing about IN SEARCH OF SASQUATCH. I was the "little sister" scaring my big sister, back in the day, but she's forgiven me -- I think. Hope I didn't scare you as you read. Hope I just made you wonder.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it.

Kelly