About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Everything on it


Every thing on it by Shel Silverstein

Have you ever read a book with every thing on it?
Well, here it is, an amazing collection of never before published poems and drawings from the creator of Where the Sidewalk Ends, A Light in the Attic, and Falling UP. You will say Hi Ho for the tiolet troll, get tongue-tied with Stick-a-tongue-out-Sid, play a highly unusual horn, and experience the joys of growing down.
What's that? You have a case of the Lovetobutcans? impossible! Just come on in and let the magic of Shel Silverstein bend your brain and open you heart.

Although I cannot see your face
As you flip these poems awhile,
Somewhere from some far off place,
I hear you laughing -- and I smile.


No comments: