About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Stone Child

The Stone Child by Dan Poblocki
This was a book that was recommended by one of our students, I can definately see why he thought it would be a good addition to our library. Scary. - You guys know I don't like scary books, so why did I take it home on a  gloomy, rainy, dark afternoon? Thanks for setting me up to jump at every little noise around me!
Here's the summary.
How cool! Eddie loves scary stories, and he is moving to the small town where his favourite author, Nathaniel Olmstead, used to live. The author vanished without a trace thirteen year ago, like something out of one of his own creepy novels.
But Eddie soon learns that life in Gatesweed isn't as idyllic as he hoped. He keeps seeing strange things, unreal things, horrible things that shoule only exist in Olmstead's books. How have they escaped the pages to terrorize the town?
Soon Eddie realizes that he and his new friends Harris and Maggie must solve the mystery of Olmstead's disappearance before Eddie's mom finishes writing her own scary tale, unleashing the most horrific creature of all.

No comments: