About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Graphic novel blitz

Bad Island by Doug TenNapel

I was very impressed with Doug TenNapel's first graphic novel Ghostopolis, it was wierd, creepy, fun. I wanted that same feeling from this book, and unfortunately this one kind of fell flat. I feel bad just saying that, I mean look at it! Full-colour, great title that suggests all sorts of wierd creepy fun, huge hours of drawing, colouring and writing this story - for what turned out to be just okay. Anyway, I hope some of you will review it and give me a different perspective about it.

Summary:
Somthing on the island is up to no good...
When Reese is forced to go on a boating trip with his family, the last thing he expects is to be shipwrecked on an island - especially one teeming with wierd plants and animals. But what starts out as simply as a bad vacation turns into a terrible one, as the castaways must find a way to escape while dodging the islands dangerous inhabitants. With few resources, and a mysterious entity on the hunt, each secret unlocked could save them... or spell their doom. One thing Reese knows for sure: this is one bad island.

No comments: