About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Attack of the Vampire Weenies


Attack of the Vampire Weenies: and other wapred and creepy tales by David Lubar

As many of you know I am a huge fan of the warped and creepy weenie books. They are such fun short stories and so it was without hesitation that I picked up this newest edition for our library. 33 scary (kind of), funny (definately), short (3-5 pages) stories.

A boy steals a ticket to an amusement park and gets the roller-coaster ride of a lifetime -- literally. The first day of middle school turns into a free-for-all when the gym teacher offers the class a get-out-of-gym-free card. Sick of his sister's vampire wannabe friends, a kid decides to teach them a lesson at their next party. But the table are turned when some surprise guests show up. Watch out for the vampire weenies!

No comments: