About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Graphic novel blitz


Daniel X: the manga : book 2 by James Patterson

With supreme abilities, like being able to shift-shape and move objects with his mind, Daniel is strong enough to take on anything in the world. It the things from beyond this planet that are the real problem. Daniel possess a coverted list - that belonged to his father, before he was brutally murdered - targeting inter-galactic criminals preying on the human race. Now, Daniel vows to take on his fathers dangerous mission as the Alien Hunter.

A lone outlaw arrives in the beautiful city of Holliswood with a gruesome goal. He'll create chaos - and film the pandemonium for an audience back home. The destiny of the city and it's inhabitants lies in Daniel X's hands. But this time, Daniel has created a secret weapon of his own. With the help of an all-star team, Daniel and his friends must face a villian with a taste for the kind of  terror that usually lives safely in the movies.


Of course if you hadn't figured it out, this is the graphic novel version of the chapter books Daniel X. Daniel is working his way down the list of aliens that still need fighting, that he found from his father.
I read an early graphic novel (not manga) of this series and was impressed - maybe I should explain that, I'm not crazy about aliens and alien hunters, but I thought that it might appeal to some of the readers at my school, and it does. Both the chapter books and the graphic novels are circulating so I can't be that far off. I think I prefer the first graphic novel styling better than the more recent manga styling, but this seems to be the route James Patterson wants to go with the rebranding of the series.

READ ON

No comments: