About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Emerald Atlas


The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens

Kate, Michael and Emma have suffered through ten years odious orphanage "care" ; now they have slipped into the care of the eccentric, distrubingly mysterious Dr. Pym. While exploring their new home, the children discover a magical green book. With that discovery, a decade of tedium dissolves into cascades of dangerous time travel adventures and struggles with a beautiful witch and deciededly less attractive zombielike Schreechers.

This is next on my to read stack. Can't wait, have students telling me about it.
In the mean time here's an interview with John Stephens and the book trailer.



1 comment:

France said...

The Emerald Atlas was exactly what I expected it to be: a fun adventure, if not a little tedious at times. John Stephens' vision of the magical book is well-executed, though I personally wanted to do more traveling through it. Kate is by far the most interesting character, as she seems to be the one holding all of the powers.