About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Blood Red Road

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Well, if there is gonna be a book that will make you late for school, it might be this one. It almost made me late for the very first day of school. I was reading as fast as I could, getting more and more caught up in Saba's story. I described the book to Mr. Newman and Ms. Garner this way -- it's like The Hunger Games and MadMax and True Grit all rolled up in one. Written in an interesting dialect of the old west, this captures how language changes in different times. I thought of this book many times throughout the day and when that bell rang at 3:30 I knew I needed to get home to finish it. Wow! If your in need of an action packed trill ride with strong characters, action, drama, suspence and unpredictability - this should be your next book. To add to my admiration of the book Moira Young the author is Canadian.

Summary :
A story to make your heart beat faster.
In a wild,
lawless
land...
Saba's twin brother is stolen by mysterious, black-robed riders. She sets out ona desperate journey to find him. Ahead lie violence and treachery, and Saba will need a spirit as tough as her crossbow to survive. But her companions are the smartest bird that ever flew, and a young, handsome thief with eyes the colour of moonlight....
The book trailer.

No comments: