About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Title


Backtracked by Pedro de Alcantara

Here's another title that is new to the Lakie collection. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but will try to put it in my to be read stack.

Here's the summary:
Tommy Latrella is haunted by the ghost of his older brother, Jimmy who died a hero on 9/11. Unable to live up to his family's expectations, Tommy rebels and becomes a graffiti artist. He rides the subway fro his home in Brooklyn to the farthest points in the Bronx, tagging surfaces all over New York City. But when he plays a dangerous prank in the Times Square station, the cavernous heart of the city's transit system, the subway turns on him and hurls him back in time.

There's also a book trailer.
Have a look.

No comments: