About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another new title


Chiggers by Hope Larson
Abby is back at the same old camp she goes to every summer, except for the fact that this summer, nothing is the same. Her best friend Rose is a camp assistant, her friend Beth is pierced, and now the only person who doesn't seem too cool for Abby is Shasta, the new girl. Shasta, who has been struck by lightning, whose internet boyfriend is a high school senior, and who is totally annoying to everyone but Abby...
Chiggers was a fun graphic novel about summer camp, and although I never had the opportunity to go to summer camp, I did have a group of friends who went every year. And I did hear all about the drama!! And I think Hope Larson has created just the right atmosphere for young girls struggling with friendships and fitting it.
Hope you enjoy it.
Read On.

No comments: