About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miracle Wimp


Miracle Wimp by Erik P. Kraft


OMG - this was sooooo funny! Are you a fan of Napolean Dynamite or of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books? if so then this book is probably for you. This is the episodic journey of Thomas Mayo as he navigates a year of high school, including doodles and illustrations by Miracle Wimp. I was laughing out loud - reading stuff aloud to my husband to get him to laugh. Just terrific. Just know there is some **language** that might offend some.

I wish I could scan some of the drawings in for you to see - I'll see if I have time before school Monday.


From the cover:

Everyone know high school can be a nightmare, especially if you're smart or funny. With his best friends by his side, Tom Mayo will navigate the perils of adolescence: atomic wedgies from the Donkeys (jocks), Wood Shop with crazy Mr. Boort, awkard first dates, and loathesome first jobs. Miracle Wimp is the hilarious account of one quippy, sarcastic antihero trying to survive high school.

1 comment:

tman said...

Ha! Yes... a very fun read. Thanks for the suggestion, Fischbuch!

-Newman