About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Great non-fiction books guys should try


Swords an artists devotion by Ben Boos

This is a beautiful book to look at, but beyond that I learned stuff - I learned about swords and other handheld weapons from ancient times and cultures. The information is kept to short snippets, general and specific information on the different styles and uses of a wide range of swords. Beautifully detailed illustrations makes this an awesome book for those of you who love the topic of war, warriors/combat and the tools of their trade - swords!

Some of you have already designed and illustrated your own interpretation of some of the swords in this book and have shown me your works. Way to go - obviously I wasn't the only one inspired by this book.

No comments: