About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Alex Rider graphic novel

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz

So this morning I read this - the graphic novel version of Stormbreaker. I've read most of the Alex Rider series and have to say the story is always soo intense, dramatic that you can easily picture it in your head. So I guess it isn't to much of a stretch to see it in graphic novel format.

The full colour illustrations are well done, with manga style characters. I thought using differing styles of text boxes was a nice touch - to tell when different characters were speaking.

This would be a terrific introduction to the Alex Rider series - using this graphic novel format to lead readers into the book series. Fun, exciting and action packed.

So far only Stormbreaker and Point blank have been made into graphic novels but I think others in the series will soon follow.

No comments: