About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Great non-fiction books guys should try

First to Fly: how Wilbur and Orville Wright invented the airplane by Peter Busby

I was watching a thing on the Discovery channel the other night and it made me think about flight, inventors, trial and error and persistance - which then made me think about this book. This is a terrific short non-fiction book with really good illustrations that documents the accomplishment of the Wright brothers and their adventures in inventing and discovering what we now relie on as a another form of transporation - the airplane.

This book also includes web-sites, a timeline, glossary of terms and an index.
So the next time your watching Discovery channel or spot that jet stream up in the sky think how curious the Wright brothers must have been to pursue such a crazy dream, and that maybe some of the crazy stuff you dream up might not be that crazy afterall.

No comments: