About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Reading - Graphic novels

Wolverine : Worst Day Ever by Barry Lyga

I have to admit that this was a totally random pick. What can I say? sometimes fate gives you what you need -- something fun, adventurous, hilarious and with great artwork. I found it in the graphic novel section, but I don't know that it qualifies as a graphic novel (it's not  a story told in sequental artwork / drawings). It's more of a story, told in blog format, with illustrations. That's really unimportant to anyone who's not a librarian.
So, to get on with the review... Eric is a recent recruit to Xavier's School for Gifted Students. He has a very peculiar mutant gift, in his words
 " Basically, people don't notice me. I don't mean like I'm shy or anything like that. I mean that people just don't notice me. I could walk into a room totally naked, playing an accordian while juggling chainsaws, and people might get the idea that something's a little off in the room."
So what's a kid with a strange undeveloped mutant power supposed to do when surrounded with peers who have awesome mutant powers, well..., sneak around, lurk in the shadows, tag along with the X-men on secret missions and spy on favourite X-man of all Wolverine. This is where the fun, the action and the hilarity gets rolling.
I'm buying this one for our library for sure! I loved it.
Read On.

No comments: