About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Fabulous project, worthy cause


SketchTravel from Curio on Vimeo.

This animated short film was created as part of a sketchtravel project which is an international charity art project where one red sketch book was passed around between 71 artists around the globe for 4 1/2 years.
The original sketch book was sold for $ 96,200 US and its entire proceeds will go towards building libraries in third world countries in partnership with a child literacy non-profit Room to Read.

Just wanted to share something that makes me feel good. If your interested in Room to Read please check them out here.

No comments: