About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Season of Gifts

A Season of Gift by Richard Peck

Recently I had a display of holiday and winter inspired books in the library. I am able to book talk many of them, and believe they set the tone for the upcoming holiday and get us ready for winter. But I hadn't read this gem yet, so I brought it home with me last night and finished it in one reading.
In August of 1958 the Barnhart family has moved in next door to the mysterious, unflappable Mrs. Dowdell. What could be worse? The fact that your the new kids in town or the fact that your the new kids in town and the preacher's kids? Along the way to making friends and adjusting to small town life there's ghosts, and pranks, Elvis, stealing Christmas trees and much more.

No comments: