About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Flying Canoe

The Flying Canoe : a Christmas Story by Eric A. Kimmel

Each year I try to add at least one Christmas story to our collection and this year this was my pick. Maybe it's because my Mom was a French Canadian. Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this years' pick.
Here's the summary:
One frosty Christmas Eve in the Canadian wilderness, six homesick fur traders are visited by a mysterious stranger. The man claims he can send them home to far away Montreal that very night, but on one condition:  they must not utter a word until they reach their homes. Agreeing to the terms, the fur traders climb into an enchanted canoe and paddle through the sky. But when hot-headed Armand cannot keep silent, it will take a daring move to outwit the stranger.

No comments: