About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, December 5, 2011

January

January by Gabrielle Lord

Last week I was asking students for something good to read, something  with  a strong male protagonist. I had lots of suggestions, many I had already read, some were just too big. I ended up taking January -book one of the Conspiracy 365 series home with me and well -- WOW! I certainly got what I asked for. It was a crazy wild ride from beginning to end, and then ending well what can I say they left the poor guy inside an oil storage tank with it slowly being refilled with the heavy smelly slick stuff. If you're not grasping for book 2 February , you'd better check to see if you have a pulse.
If you like Alex Rider or the 39 clues series then this might be a good pick for you.
Here's the summary from the back cover.
On New Year's Eve Cal is chased down the street by a staggering sick man with a deadly warning...
They killed your father. They'll kill you. You must survive the next 365 days!
Huried into a life on the urn , wtih a price on his head, the 15-year-old fugitive is isolated and alone. Hunted by the law and ruthless criminals, Cal must somehome uncover the truth about his father's mysterious death and a history-changing secret. Who can he trust, when the whole world seems to want him dead?
The clock is ticking. Any second could be his last.


Book trailer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This book is for anyone who loves adventure also if you have read the 39 clues books this is almost as good