About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Blindsided

Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings

There were definately parts of this book I really enjoyed and then there were parts that I felt weren't so believable, a little over-dramatic, or maybe too convenient. I guess I'll rate it a 3 outta 5.

Here's the summary:
Natalie is a typical fourteen-year-old girl: a great student, lots of friends, a loving family. Her life seems perfect. But when a routine visit to the eye doctor reveals that she will soon go blind, she is devastated. As if this wasn't shocking enough, she is then forced to leave everything behind and go to a school for the blind to learn the skills she will need to survive. While she does what she's told, inwardly she desperately hopes for a miracle that will save her sight. But ultimately, Natalie must decide how to go on when her future isn't what she expects.

No comments: