About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Reading


Well, here it is at last -- summertime. The time to kick back and enjoy doing not much of anything. For me this means spending time at the cabin, getting in some hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing and some ordinary chore type of stuff - getting the oil changed on the car, mow the lawn, weed the garden etc. I've also got a bit of travel planned. And of course summer reading!
This is my bedside table loaded with suggestions from you guys. Here's how they currently stack up (from bottom to top)
Everything is Fine
Rules to Rock By
I Heart You, You Haunt Me
Enclave
City of Bones
Z
The Light
I Am Number Four
Take Me to the River
Raven's Gate
The Sky is Everywhere
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May and June

I will be mixing it up with some gems found at the public library. I encourage all of you to keep reading over the summer, it doesn't matter if it's instructions on how to do something, comic books, graphic novels, magazines - just keep reading. Add a book when your heading out on a road trip - it gives you a great excuse to ignore your little brother or sister and your parents will most likely be on your side of the arguement.

Have a great summer - stay tuned to the blog, and I look forward to hearing about your summer adventures when you return to Lakie in September.

Read On.

No comments: