About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mr. Popper's Penguins


Mr. Popper's Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater

This book has been around for long time (1938), some might call it a classic, I know that it is a brilliant read aloud to be shared with any animal lover. Of course, I know you've heard that Jim Carrey will be starring in the upcoming movie production of it. So, I thought some of you might be adventurous and quickly read this one before the movie comes out. If you get stuck looking after a younger brother or sister or cousin or babysitting during this summer this would be a great book to pull out and start reading.

Here's the summary:
The unexpected delivery of a large crate containing an Antarctic penguin changes the life and fortunes of Mr. Popper, a house painter obsessed with dreams of the polar regions.

And the movie trailer.

No comments: