About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Page by Paige

Page by Paige by Laura Lee Gulledge

I really enjoyed this graphic novel. The art work was fun, thoughtful, and full of double meanings (idioms galore). I think many of you will be able to relate in some way to Paige, she insecure about her art work and vunerable to criticism but she doesn't let that stop her and she becomes an inspiration to her friends and those around her. I loved some of the projects she and the Agents of Wimsy take on, it reminded me of the Random Acts of Kindness that our staff does for one another.

Here's the summary:
Page Turner has moved to New York with her family, and she's having some trouble adjusting to the big city. In the pages of her sketchbook , she tries to make sense of her new life, including trying out her secret identity: artist. As she makes friends and starts to explore the city, she slowly brings her secret identity out into the open, and process that is equal parts terrifying and rewarding.


No comments: