About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Vook

On Friday I was at a workshop on library stuff - a one of the sessions was on ebooks / ereaders and all sorts of other fancy high-tech stuff.
This session was impressive because it reminded me that reading is changing - I know you think how is reading changing? Well here is a for instance: Vooks - here's a trailer about vooks


(part video part book or story) think of titles like Skeleton Creek and Ghost in the Machine, but there are others - try this link if your curious.
http://bit.ly/c5urYe

It's an interactive short story mystery. Requires reading and a computer.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Great post! I'm curious what kind of e-books were discussed, but if you are interested in checking a vook from the company Vook, I think you might like the Shakespeare Vook, "Love, Love, Love."http://bit.ly/bqPWTM

It's a great way to introduce students into more challenging texts!