About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Last Shot by John Feinstein



Last Shot : a final four mystery by John Feinstein

Just finished this one this morning and as some of you know I'm not a huge basketball fan but this one worked for me (although it didn't grab me for about the first 50 pages) after that I was in.

For basketball fiend Steven Thomas, it's like a dream come true. He wom a writing contest and now here he is in New Orleans, wearing a press pass around his neck, covering the biggest weekend in college sports.

But the dream takes an ugly twist when Steven and his fellow winner, Susan Carol, are nosing around the Superdome and overhear a coach telling MSU's star point guard he'd better lose the final game... or else. Blackmail? As fans, they are repulsed. As reporters, they are riveted.

Of course this is a story no one wants them to pursue. The more questions they ask about who might want MSU to lose and why, the fewer real answers they get. Now they have two days - just forty-eight hours - before the tip-off of the final game to uncover the truth. And it's a truth that will cut deeper into the heart of college athletics than they could ever have imagined.

March madness doesn't nearly describe the half of it.

No comments: