About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ghost in the machine


Ghost in the machine by Patrick Carmen
Wow, this follow up book to Skeleton Creek was an equal as far as the trilling suspense ride created in the first book.
What's unique about this two book series is that Carman has combined a traditional style text and a world of video entries (that involve secret passwords) . The two forms of storytelling are told from the perspectives of Ryan (you follow his journal entries) and his best friend Sarah (Sarah and Ryan have been instructed by their parents to stay away from each other - because Ryan broke his leg while they were checking out the creepy, mysterious dredge). Sarah's side of the story is told through videos she emails Ryan in hopes that together they can find out what the people of the small town of Skeleton Creek are trying to hide.
Idon't want to give much more than this away, I just want to say that I couldn't put it down and had my laptop at the ready for the next password. Perfect for mystery loving kids.
I just learned that they've defined this new style of book/video as a "vook."
Don't miss out on this or Skeleton Creek.
check out the trailer.

No comments: