About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Diary of a wimpy kid: Book 4



Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

Once again, I was laughing out loud at Greg and his friends as they spend most of their summer trying to avoid having anything to do with work, grownups and their families. I can't help myself - I love this character, I think he has something we all can relate with (I mostly relate with getting shoved off the high diving board by my brother).

Have fun reading this one. I just want to add that Jeff Kinney has made a terrific living from drawing simple cartoons and that his books and my previous post about Adventures in Cartooning are a match made in cartoon heaven.

From the back cover: It's summer vacation - the weather's great, and all the kids are having fun outside. So where's Greg Heffley? Inside his house, playing video games with the shades drawn. Greg, a self-confessed "indoor person" is living out his ultimate summer fantasy: no responsibilities and no rules. But Greg's mom has a different vision for an ideal summer... one packed with outdoor activities and "family togetherness." Whose vision will win out? Or will a new additon to the Heffley family change everything?

Read On

No comments: