About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Cool non-fiction


Papier-Mache Monsters by Dan Reeder
The monsters this guy makes are incredible, and better yet he makes it look easy, fun and wildly messy. Right on. I'm already in love with this book. I wish I had more time - so I could get messy and monstery.
here's the write-up:
Celebrated monster-making master Dan Reeder is at it again - helping others let out their inner monsters! All that is needed is a few simple ingredients and a wild imagination. Reeder guarentees success if the tried-and-tested, goof-proof how-to steps in this humourous read are followed. But there's more, he's also giving away all his secrets for creating ghoulish monster elements such as jaws, claws, horns and scales, webbing, tenacles, eyeballs, fingers, toes, gnarly hands and feet and drool- yes perfect drool.
Check this out --


Read On.

No comments: