About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grade 8 Farewell

Today we say farewell to over 200 grade eight students. I know I won't have a chance to say goodbye to each of them, so I'll do that here. You are a great group of kids, fun, funny, caring, and dynamic. And what a group of strong readers. My advice to you is this -- Stay curious. The most interesting people you meet in life are those that stay curious. People who want to explore, discover, invent and create. Become one of them.  They make the best friends (because they are willing to be adventurous), they make the best roommates (because they can teach you new ways of doing stuff), they make the best coaches (because they tend to think of others first), and mostly they are unafraid of change (and if there is one thing we can depend on in life it is change, so get good at it! embrace it!) Stay curious.

No comments: