About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Between Here and Forever

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
Elizabeth Scott's writing style is like being on vacation for me, I don't have to thinking real hard, I don't have to guess what's gonna happen next, I'm not on the edge of my seat with worry or angst for the characters. I just along for the ride. She tells a great story, she reminds you what it's like to be human, and a teenager, and she makes it somehow relatable throughout. If you're a fan of Sarah Dessen, Nicholas Sparks, or Jodi Picoult most likely you'll enjoy books by Elizabeth Scott. I do.

Summary from back cover:
Abby long ago accepted that she can't measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister, Tess. But at least she knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.
Until the accident.
Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby's life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her. Abby's got a plan to bring Tess back, though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli. But then she learns a shocking secret about Tess. Something that was always right there, but she'd never seen.
Abby is about to find out that the truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could.

This one is for anyone who's felt like they live in the shadow of their sister.

No comments: