About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rot & Ruin

Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry

Summary from book jacket:
In the zombie-infested world Benny has grown up in, teenagers must work once they turn fifteen- or they'll lose their food rations. Benny isn't interested in taking on the family business, but he reluctantly agrees to train as a zombie killer with his boring big brother, Tom. He expects a dull job, whacking zombies for cash. What he discovers is a vocation that will teach him what it really means to be human.
As his worldview is challenged again and again by the lessons he learns from Tom, Benny is forced to confront another horrifying reality: Sometimes the most terrible monsters are human.

This book came into my hands via strong recommendations from a couple of students (Kaelan etc.). As some of you already know, I'm a big scaredy pants and have only read one or two zombie books (are zombies the new vampires?) but those couple I have read have definately kept me entertained (probably more than any vampire book!) so I guess I'll be needing to try Rot & Ruin out. The reviews I've been seeing support what I've been hearing so I think I have another one to add TBR stack.

Here's an interview with Joanthan Maberry.

No comments: