About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Five Ancestors

Tiger by Jeff Stone -- Book One in the Five Ancestors Series


Holy kung-fu fighting tigers! This was fun, exciting, action-packed. Usually when I review a series, I only read one or two - but with this series I can easily see myself wanting to read every single one of them. (that doesn't happen often - not even Harry Potter grabbed me for the whole series).

Series Summary:
Before he dies, the grandmaster of Cangzhen Temple instructs his five youngest pupils -- each a master of a different fighting style-- to search out the secrets of their pasts. Only then, he tells them, will they be able to avenge their fallen brothers and retrieve the temples stolen scrolls.
Book Summary:
Twelve-year-old Fu and his temple brothers Malao, Hok, Seh, and Long don't know who their parents were. Raised from infancy by their grandmaster, they think of the temple as their home and their fellow warrior monks as "temple brothers" - as their family. Then one terrible night, the temple is destroyed. Fu and his brothers are the only survivors. Charged by thier Grandmaster to uncover the secrets of thier past, the five flee into the countryside and go their separate ways. Book one follows Fu as he struggles to find out more and prove himself in the process.

Here's an intro / interview with the author Jeff Stone

No comments: