About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hunger Games


Please take part in the poll - movie vs. book.

Last Friday, I joined about 220 grade eight students, who were part of the premier opening morning for the movie The Hunger Games. (it almost didn't happen, with the sudden icy roads closing Whoop-Up Drive and Highway 3 temporarily.) But happily they made it and excitement raged.

I can't wait for today when we get a chance to be the film critics and review what we disliked and liked. Who we loved, and how they could have done things differently.
Thank you so much to Mr. Newman for arranging this for us - it was a terrific way to complete a novel study. And thanks to the grade eight team for including me.
I hope this inspires many more readers to get caught up in a captivating book - whether it's the Hunger Games or something else. I think this proves that Young Adult books have depth, capture readers and bring them into a thrilling place, can make money and aren't just for Young Adults.

Horray!!!! Suzanne Collins. We congratulate you for this success and hope their will be many more to follow.

No comments: