About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

National Geographic

One of my favourite things in life is the National Geographic magazine. I have loved this magazine since I was a kid, when our neighbour gifted our family with his collection of the magazine that dated back to 1918. Remind me to bring in some of those early issue, they are very interesting to look through. So this morning, while I was having coffee I was reading the February 2011 issue about the secrets of the underground in Paris. Yes, the catacombs, subways, sewers, parties and adventure that lurk below the streets. Fascinating.
Then later when I was checking one of my RSS feeds I found this great little presentation by one of National Geographic's staff photographers.
Have a look.


For those of you who crave adventure, travel, other cultures and wildlife - National Geographic will quickly becoming your favourite leisure time reading.

No comments: