About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wolf Rider

Wolf Rider by Avi

This is an interesting twist on the boy who cried wolf story. I was in need of a change up from the stack of dystopian future books that I'd been reading, and this provided just the right amount of mystery / thriller that I was looking for. A fast read with an unexpected ending.

"The phone rang three times before Andy picked it up. "Hello?" he said. A voice replied, "I just killed someone. I killed ... Nina."

Andy Zadinski in convinced that the man who calls himself "Zeke" is serious. But no one will listen to Andy - not his friends, not the police, not even his father. They all say he's crying wolf, even when Andy discovers that there really is a Nina Klemmer. Even when he spots her at the local college and sees that she fits Zeke's description fo her. Exactly.
Despite warnings from his father that he should just forget about the call, Andy feels obligated to track Nina down and warn her. What if Zeke really is plotting to kill her? When Andy investigates futher, he finds out that Nina may not be Zeke's only target...

No comments: