About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Michael Vey

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans

Superpowers? What would yours be? Would you want to be able to read minds? How about stop time? or reverse time? How about generate electricity? or make people feel a certain way?
In the story of  Michael Vey a group of teenagers (all born on the same day at the same hosipal in Pasadena) who discover that their is something special -- in fact very special about themselves. Most have been gathered up by evil genius Hatch and have been quickly forced into doing his bidding. All except Michael and Taylor. I'm not going to give too much more away, but this is where the going really gets started.
I think this will find it's way into the hands of those of you who enjoy the Percy Jackson books and also those who enjoy x-men. Kind of an underdog story in a battle of good vs. evil.

No comments: