About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Ashfall

Ashfall by Mike Mullin

Did I mention that I've been on a dystopian future kick these days. Well, here's another one that made it's way into my hands- but I think I'm gonna let one of you be the first reader (I started a realistic fiction this morning.)

Summary from the book jacket:
Many visitors to Yellowstone National Park don't realize that the boiling hot springs and spraying geysers are caused by an underlying supervolcano, so large that the caldera can only be seen by plane or satellite. And by some scientific measurements, it could be overdue for an eruption.
For Alex, being alone for the weekend means freedom from his parents and the chance to play computer games and hang out with his friends without hassle from his mother: Then the supervolcano erupts, plunging his hometown into a nightmare of darkness, ash, and violence, Alex begins a harrowing trek, searching for his family and finding help in Darla, his travel partner. Together they must find the strength and skills to survive and outlast an epic disaster.


Beware, this is another one that has a sequel -- which won't be released until later this year (probably September / October.)

No comments: