About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rules to rock by

Rules to Rock By by Josh Farrar


Summary from back cover:
You'd never guess it now, but Annebelle Cabrera used to be a rock star. And not like her mom or dad called her a "total rock star" after she won a spelling bee or something. She was a real rock star, the bassist of Egg Mountain, the most popular band in the New York music scene. But when her parents uproot her from Brooklyn and move her to Rhode Island so they can record their own album, Annebelle feels lost. Starting a new band isn't as easy as she hoped, the school's rival band is a bunch of bullies, and her parents are so immersed in recording that they're completely neglecting Annebelle and her little brother. How can Annebelle make herself heard.


The reviews on this one are great - unfortunately for me - I have a stack at home that I'm working on, so this one is up for grabs.

Read On

No comments: