About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

13 Words

13 Words by Lemony Snicket ; illustrations by Maira Kalman


Let's say I gave you 13 randomly chosen words and asked you to write a story using them. Let's say those words were: bird, despondant, cake, dog, busy, convertible, goat, hat, haberdashery, scarlet, baby, panche, and mezzo-soprano. What kind of story would you come up with? Do you know what all these words mean?
Here's what Lemony Snickets version of the story looks like.
P.S. I love picture books, and think you're never too old to enjoy them.

No comments: