About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In the Small


In The Small by Michael Hague
A mysterious blue light flashes, bathing the Earth and reaching the depths of the oceans. Afterwards, birds go on chirping, and the world goes on spinning. But in those few seconds, the balance of life is forever changed...
Now fewer than six inches tall, mankind must fight for its place in the food chain, and Mother Nature begins to exact her revenge. Desperate to survive, a teenage brother and sister take the lead in the quest to discover the secret that could redeem this strange new world. But despite their courageous efforts, a dark force grows.
Great dystopian future premiss, not gimmicky like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, and although I would have liked a bit more in the details department, I think our readers will enjoy this one. The artwork is dark and atmospheric.

No comments: